nic and jonah available without logging in

m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com
Thu Nov 15 05:15:27 PST 2001

Hello:

I am using the latest cvs versions of horde and all of the horde
components on a linux box. My problems are the following:

1.  I would like to have horde provide me with a screen that
    does not even have any of the horde components visible.
    I feel that this is too much info to give out to someone who
    may be attempting to hack into the box.

2. I've modified horde/config/registry.php to ensure that allow_guests
    is set to false and show is set to true, however for some reason I
    can still click on either "nic" or "jonah" and get to those screens.
    In the case of jonah, this is harmless (still haven't gotten it to
    work :-) but in the case of nic, it allows anyone to use my machine
    to scan other networks.

Thank you,

-mike