failure notice (fwd)

dwchin at umich.edu dwchin at umich.edu
Thu Jan 10 16:58:05 PST 2002

 Hullo,

 I just installed Horde (2.0) and IMP (3.0), on Apache (RedHat
 apache-1.3.22-1.7.1), with PHP 4.1.1.

 My problem is with logging in via IMAP/SSL.  Logging in over plain IMAP
 works fine.  Logging in via the demo.horde.org using IMAP/SSL (self-signed
 cert) also works.  But my installation of PHP/Horde/IMP can't seem to handle
 IMAP/SSL.

 I turned on LOG_DEBUG in horde/conf/horde.php, but I just get NOTICE level
 and above.  It seems like a timeout problem -- it takes a few minutes of
 trying, and then it says it couldn't log in, and the following line is
 entered in the log:

   HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN x.x.x.x to foo.bar.edu:993[imap/ssl] as \
   ford [on line 332 of "/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

 I'm using Courier-IMAP, and it doesn't produce any log entries for this
 particular failure.

 The c-client lib that I used came with Pine 4.40.  I tested Pine, and it's
 able to login using IMAP/SSL/self-signed just fine, so I don't suspect a
 corrupt c-client.

 I do notice that "ldd libphp4.so" gives:

     libssl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.1 (0x40331000)

 but I don't know if that's significant.  There's another libssl.so in
 /usr/lib/apache.

 Anyway, I welcome any hints as to what's causing this problem.

 Thanks in advance.

 Cheers,
--Dave Chin
   dwchin at umich.edu