include problems

John Desha John.Desha@utah.edu
Mon Jan 14 02:24:31 PST 2002

I am in search of help.  I have installed PHP 4.1.1 with apache 1.3.19,
and horde 2.0, on Solaris 8.  When I try loading /horde/index.php, nothing
is returned.

The apache error log is showing the error message:

[Sun Jan 13 18:36:36 2002] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Failed opening
required '/lib/Horde.php' (include_path='.:/services/apache/php/lib/php')
in /lib/Registry.php on line 5

line 5 of Registry.php is:

    require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/Horde.php';

If I add the following to just above the require_once line:

    echo "Registry.php: ", dirname(__FILE__), "\n";

the following is returned:

    Registry.php: /lib

Adding   echo __FILE__ , "<br>\n";
returns  /lib/Registry.php

I have horde installed at /services/web-secure/uucc-secure/test/horde.
In other instances of the code where HORDE_BASE is defined, like in
index.php, the dirname function returns the full path.

The test.php page loads without errors, and the phpinfo() screen works
too.  The only "red" on the page is for not having FTP, LDAP, MCAL,
Mcrypt, and PostgreSQL support.  I'm using Sybase to store preferences.

When I modify line 5 of Registry.php to read:

    require_once HORDE_BASE . dirname(__FILE__) . '/Horde.php';

the error log no longer shows the above error message, but prints:

[Sun Jan 13 19:05:10 2002] [error] PHP Warning:  Failed opening
'/lib/../lib/Lang.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/services/apache/php/lib/php') in /lib/Registry.php on
line 94
[Sun Jan 13 19:05:10 2002] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Undefined class name
'lang' in /lib/Registry.php on line 95

and echoing that new line 5 returns the path:

    /services/web-secure/uucc-secure/test/horde/lib/Horde.php

If I change line 95 to be an absolute path, I run into more problems. I've
tried modifying the include_path (both server-wide and with .htaccess
files).  Every file in the tree is world readable.

I'm wondering if there is a general cause for my includes to not work that
anyone else knows of.

Thank you.

  John Desha
    Network & Communication Services