Post Installation Problem...

J. Andrew MacDonald andrew.macdonald at caris.com
Fri Feb 15 09:10:13 PST 2002

Hey,

I have just finished installing Apache 1.3.22, PHP 4.1.1, and the FTP,
Gettext, IMAP, MCrypt, MySQL, XML, XSLT, and ZLib modules.  I tested PHP
and it seems to work fine.

I first started by downloading Horde 2.0, and uncompressed it.  I followed
the installation instructions in the doc directory.  When I try to try to
test the installation by accessing the test.php file.

I get a blank page.  I have already searched throught he archives, and
found other people had this same problem, but have yet to find a solution.

After doing a little digging I found that I was getting a error in
config/registry.php

$this->applications['horde'] = array(
      'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..',
      'webroot' => '/horde',
      'initial_page' => 'login.php',
      'icon' => '/horde/graphics/home.gif',
      'name' => _("Horde"),			<= error occurs here.  Unknown function _()
      'allow_guests' => true,
      'show' => true,
      'templates' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../templates',
      'cookie_domain' => $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['SERVER_NAME'],
      'cookie_path' => '/horde',
      'server_name' => $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['SERVER_NAME'],
      'server_port' => $GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['SERVER_PORT']
);

I also searched through the PHP website and have found nothing about
_().  I did try getting rid of this and just leaving the "Horde", which
worked until it found another one of these ( _() ).  So I figured it must
be something with my installation, but I am not quite sure what.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd rather not have to search through all
of Horde and IMP, which I plan to install, and remove all instances of
_().  I figure there is probably a reason why they are there... I'd rather
leave it that way.

Thanx.

Andrew