[horde] Horde/IMP Accessibility Issues

Paul Reilly pareilly at tcd.ie
Fri Feb 15 10:55:07 PST 2002

> It also means that IMP cannot be used in a PDA text screen through a telnet/SSH
> link, nor a WAP_phone-to-telnet link.

Actually I discovered to my amazement that IMP 3.0 looks great and
has about 80 % working functionality under the unix lynx broswer (text
based, no images, no frames, no javascript).

Compose doesn't seem to work, but I can login, read messages, and
delete messages, search the addressbook include making LDAP queries,
etc. Basically compose and changing to a different folder don't work.
Would it be that difficult to fix these to work under lynx?

I think the javascript is good, but if it's possible to maintain core
functionality without requiring js - this would be a good thing.
A lot of iternet kiosk type web browsers like you find in cafe's etc
don't have javascript capabilities. With the explosion of internet services
running on a plethora of new hardware, ensuring that IMP 3.0 still works
without all the bells and whistles would be good.

Paul