[horde] cvs - can't seem to get latest versions

Justin Zachor justinz at covad.net
Wed Feb 20 13:24:10 PST 2002

> > If I grab a tree using any of these commands...
> >   $ cvs -d anoncvs at anoncvs.uk.horde.org:/cvs co horde
> >   $ cvs -d anoncvs at anoncvs.uk.horde.org:/cvs co -r HEAD horde
> >   $ cvs -d anoncvs at anoncvs.uk.horde.org:/cvs co -r RELENG_2 horde
>
> It looks like anoncvs.uk.horde.org is lagging behind in its
> updates.  You can also try anoncvs.horde.org; it's guaranteed to
> be up-to-date.

Thanks, but I got
  $ cvs -d anoncvs at anoncvs.horde.org:/cvs co -r HEAD horde
  The authenticity of host 'anoncvs.horde.org (199.175.137.150)' can't be
established.
  DSA key fingerprint is 3e:a5:2b:...<snip>
  Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
  Warning: Permanently added 'anoncvs.horde.org,199.175.137.150' (DSA) to the
list of known hosts.
  anoncvs at anoncvs.horde.org's password: ****
  Permission denied, please try again.
  anoncvs at anoncvs.horde.org's password: ****
  Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
  cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

?!?! Maybe anoncvs.horde.org doesn't accept any password, or there are too many
connections (??)
Is there a commonly-known password? Or is this resource private? I have no idea
what to make of the 'DSA key' stuff, but these first four lines only appeared
once; each successive attempt doesn't show them.

How often does the UK server get updated?

(humbly) justin