Login problem narrowed down

robert sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Thu Feb 28 09:40:00 PST 2002

I just finished installing php 4.1.2 and horde on a new server.  Instead of
adding imp right away I wanted to check to see if I could login just with horde
and no other apps.

I have c-client 2001a configured to use pams on redhat linux 7.2.  I can connect
and read mail using a regular imap client so I know that imapd is working
correctly but when I try to log into horde I nothing happens and there are no
errors in horde.log (there isn't a /tmp/horde.log even though it is turned on).

This is what I have in horde.php

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{imp2.d.umn.edu/imap:143}INBOX';

There doesn't seem to be any information as to how this second line is supposed
to be set up except for the example.  I want to authenticate using imap rather
than using mysql.

Any help would be appreciated

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at d.umn.edu
University of Minnesota, Duluth
144 MWAH
218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
  Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.