[horde] Signup Application

James james at james-web.net
Wed Mar 13 08:53:52 PST 2002

Ryan,

The issue is that to create a system account, you must have root privs.
Apache runs as www-data or httpd or some other user that has near zero
privs, therefore it takes some trickery and cunning to make a new system
account through PHP.

I have yet to find a satisfactory way to add a user via PHP.

- James