problems compiling apache and PHP for use with horde

Bo Nelson rxn20 at hal.epbi.cwru.edu
Mon Apr 1 10:41:25 PST 2002

I'm sure somewhere out there, one of you has compiled apache and php for
use with horde with the options that I have specified. I've tried posting
to a couple of different newsgroups, but no one has even replied. I'm
hoping someone on this list will have some insight. Thanks

Basically, I need to recompile php and apache with the options that horde
says they need. I've already got php and apache working with ssl, so I know
that my current config.status for apache is working. This is on a Solaris 8
machine. Here are the configuration options that I pass to php:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.23
--with-zlib --with-gettext --with-xml --with-mcrypt
--with-imap=../../horde/imap-2001a/ --with-imap-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6c

That works fine, then I make and make install it. Everything seems to go
ok, no complaints. I then go to apache, and here is the config.status that
I use:

EAPI_MM="../mm-1.1.3" \
SSL_BASE="../openssl-0.9.6c" \
./configure \
"--with-layout=GNU" \
"--prefix=/usr/local/apache" \
"--enable-module=rewrite" \
"--enable-module=ssl" \
"--enable-module=so" \
"--enable-rule=SSL_SDBM" \
"--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a" \
"$@"

Configure goes fine. When I try to make apache, these are the error
messages that I get:

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
rfc822_parse_msg_full modules/php4/libphp4.a(php_imap.o)
imap_getquota modules/php4/libphp4.a(php_imap.o)
imap_setquota modules/php4/libphp4.a(php_imap.o)
imap_setacl modules/php4/libphp4.a(php_imap.o)
ssl_onceonlyinit modules/php4/libphp4.a(php_imap.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to httpd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `target_static'
Current working directory /meta/d9/rxn20/src/projects/apache/apache_1.3.24/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build-std'
Current working directory /meta/d9/rxn20/src/projects/apache/apache_1.3.24
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build'

Any and all suggestions are welcome, and I really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance

-Bo Nelson
rxn20 at p-i.cc