Problem authenticating: sql.php / Auth.php

Michael Pacey michael at wd21.co.uk
Sat Apr 13 10:23:11 PDT 2002

Hi,

I've been using Imp for a while (the Debian packages) and like it a lot. As it's
Debian I've not had to mess with the code yet.

I now want to try Nag. Debian doesn't have a Nag package so I've been setting it
up by hand, on another box (actually a user-mode-linux instance on the same
box). Beware: my knowledge of PHP is minimal - I am a Jack of perl / shell / c /
tcl / BASIC etc. but master of none.

I've checked out the CVS for horde and nag into my /var/www/horde directory.
I've set up the MySQL database. I've followed the instructions in docs/INSTALL
for Horde.

When I point my browser at horde, I get

   Required 'phptype' not specified in authentication configuration.
   [line 97 of /var/www/horde/lib/Auth/sql.php]

So I edited sql.php according to the comments therein. I have:

    var $params = array();
        $params['phptype'] = 'mysql';
        $params['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
        $params['username'] = 'hordemgr';
        $params['password'] = 'Noneofyourbusiness';
        $params['database'] = 'horde';
        $params['table'] = 'horde_users';

Now if I attempt to connect to Horde I get

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/horde/lib/Auth.php on line 214

Any ideas?

--
Web: http://sydb.dyndns.org