[horde] New Install on updated Redhat 7.2 box - doesn't find imap

Alan Hicks alan at custom-consulting.com
Thu Apr 18 14:06:00 PDT 2002

I'm trying to install horde and imp on a (mostly stock) Redhat 7.2 box.  I
read the HOW-TO posted on http://www.geocities.com/oliversl/imp/.  It clearly
says I only need the following rpms:

apache-1.3.22-2
php-4.0.6-12
php-imap-4.0.6-12
php-ldap-4.0.6-12
php-mysql-4.0.6-12
mysql-3.23.41-1
mysqlclient9-3.23.22-6
mysql-server-3.23.41-1
imap-2000c-15
sendmail-8.11.6-3

So.....

[root at mail root]# rpm -qa |grep php
   php-mysql-4.0.6-15
   php-4.0.6-15
   php-ldap-4.0.6-15[
   php-common-4.1.2-4
   php-imap-4.0.6-15
root at mail root]# rpm -qa |grep apache
   apache-devel-1.3.22-2
   apache-1.3.22-2
   apache-manual-1.3.22-2
   apacheconf-0.8.1-1
[root at mail root]# rpm -qa |grep mysql
   php-mysql-4.0.6-15
   mysqlclient9-3.23.22-6
   mysql-server-3.23.41-1
   mysql-3.23.41-1
[root at mail root]# rpm -qa |grep imap
   imap-2000c-15
   php-imap-4.0.6-15
[root at mail root]# rpm -qa |grep sendmail
   sendmail-8.11.6-3
   sendmail-cf-8.11.6-3

...I know all the rpm's are there.  When I visit horde/test.php, it gives me
the following irritating message.

PHP Module Capabilities

    * FTP Support: Yes
    * Gettext Support: Yes
    * IMAP Support: No
    * LDAP Support: No
    * MCAL Support: No
    * Mcrypt Support: No
    * MySQL Support: Yes
    * PostgreSQL Support: No
    * XML Support: Yes

Naturally I thought I'd have to edit a few files to get it up and going, so I
checked /etc/php/php.ini and /etc/httpd/conf/htpd.conf and made sure they
were loading the modules, and that the module directories pointed to the
right location.  I then restarted apache and nothing changed.  For the hell
of it I restarted sendmail, but still no change.  Anyone sure what's up here?