[horde] Oracle 9i and php

Tim Brooks tbrooks at personalcarehmo.com
Wed Apr 24 15:12:33 PDT 2002

I have a RH7.2 server running IMP.  I have a project requiring access to

Oracle using the Oracle 9.0.1 client on this same server.  I downloaded
the horde source rpm for php, but it only contains Oracle 8i
configuration options.
After scouting around on some php mail lists, I found a reference to php

version 4.1 being 9i compliant using the --with-oci9 option.  I was able

to successfully build the rpm with this option.  However, when I run
phpinfo nothing but the configuration option shows up.  And the ocilogon

call comes up as undefined.  I looked more carefully at the spec file
and found several other references to Oracle 8.  Unfortunately, I do not

have enough knowledge to figure out how to get equivalent 9i statements.

With PHP 4.2 having been released will there be a way to get 9i
available in your
particular source or is there a way to get it in your current version?

My apologies if this is the wrong mailling list.

--
Tim Brooks
Manager, E-Commerce and Data Warehouse Development

tbrooks at PersonalCarehmo.com
http://www.personalcarehmo.com

Important Confidentiality Notice:
This message and any attachments are confidential and may be protected
by legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this message or
any attachment is prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and
deleting this copy from your system.  Thank you.