[horde] Re: PHP rpms from horde site.

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Tue May 14 19:34:01 PDT 2002

[Dragging this over to the Horde list...]

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Steve Wolfe <swolfe at infoave.net> wrote:

> I downloaded your rpm based apache and php.  It saved awesome amounts of
> time.  It was god send.  I am running both RH 7.1 and RH7.2.  The RH 7.2
> seems to run like a champ.  The RH 7.1 seems to have problems.  I
> upgraded both's code to your recommended levels.

So you're using horde-2.0, imp-3.0, and php-4.1.2?  If not, please tell us
what you're trying to use.

Just to be sure:  You began with the RPM README file, and made sure every
RPM listed there is at the listed level on your systems?  Note that 7.1
is different from 7.2 in what it requires for some of the prerequisites.

	ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/noarch/rh7/horde-2.0-1.README

If you want, do "rpm -qa" on both your Red Hat 7.2 and 7.1 boxes and mail
the results to me (don't send it to the list) and I'll have a quick look.

> Recently our Red Hat 7.2 system was under stress by various w32 worms ..
> and perhaps attacks.  We noticed amoung other things that the php kept
> crashing .. php programs would no longer run and insteadyou would see
> the php program as text.  This would happen until apache was restarted.

Hm.  That seems very very strange; I've never seen symptoms like that on
any of my RH boxes (or Solaris for that matter).  As for "PHP crashing" do
you mean Apache processes are dying and/or dumping core?  If so, have you
tried the PHP documentation to see how to do a traceback?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN / OPN: #horde