[horde] Horde and Log.php with PHP 4.2.1

Chris Bowlby excalibur at hub.org
Wed May 22 11:04:08 PDT 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Jon Parise wrote:

Hi Jon,

 Ok, I've got past the "connect" errors, but the loging system that you
pointed me to keeps reporting..

Warning: openlog() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in
/usr/local/lib/php/Log/syslog.php on line 50

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /usr/local/lib/php/Log/syslog.php:50) in
/usr/local/www/horde/imp/redirect.php on line 94

> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:12:50AM -0300, Chris Bowlby wrote:
>
> >  Thanks for the help, that got me a little further :>... I'm now getting a
> >
> > Notice: Undefined index: port in /usr/local/lib/php/DB/pgsql.php on line
> > 94
>
> Not sure about that.  Perhaps you're missing a ['params']['port']
> value in your database configuration?  It might be required for tcp
> connections (I tend to only use Unix domain sockets).
>
> > Warning: openlog() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in
> > /usr/local/lib/php/Log/syslog.php on line 50
>
> That's weird.  What does the log configuration section of horde.php
> like?  I would guess that you have quotes around some of the LOG_*
> constants.
>
> > [imp] DB Error: connect failed:  [nativecode= Warning:  pg_pconnect()
> > unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: unknown host name: db.hub.org:5446
> > in /usr/local/lib/php/DB/pgsql.php on line 118 ] ** Array [on line 101 of
> > "/usr/local/www/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php"]
>
> It looks like it can't resolve the name db.hub.org.  DNS issue?
>
> --
> Jon Parise (jon at csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)
> http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jon/  :  Computer Science House Member

 Chris Bowlby,