[horde] RE: [kronolith] Shared Calendars

m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com
Thu Jun 6 13:56:20 PDT 2002

My $.02 below...

-mike

[...]

>1) Users can set a preferences attribute to allow others to see their
>calendar.  The people that are allowed to see it MUST be in the same
>domain (e.g. if "fred at bedrock.com" sets the preference, others in the
>"bedrock.com" domain may see it, but no one else).  This makes use of
>the vinfo bits in IMP (using IMP authentication).

Even more than domain based permissioning should be single instance
permissioning as well. For instance an entry should be allowed to
be tagged either private or public, or even user defined groups?
Private is of course private and public being visible to all other
members of a domain, user defined being a predefined group within
a domain or user created.

>2) Users may also set a preferences attribute that allows others in
>their domain to set appointments in their calendar.  These appointments
>may be deleted by either the calendar owner OR the person who initially
>made the appointment.  This requires adding another bit of data to the
>appointment itself--the user ID who made the appointment.  This feature
>is useful for, say, scheduling the use of a conference room, setting
>up group meetings and the like.

Very cool, one of the few things about Outlook that I like, add a name,
see what his/her schedule is like, book it and wait for a confirmation,
same for confernece rooms too.

>At this time, I've got the preferences stuff set up AND I have the
>changes necessary to the calendar itself (using the SQL backend--I've
>not played with the mcal stuff).  I also have methods for picking up
>which calendars are viewable by a user (when a user brings up
>kronolith, a bit of code in base.php calls the SQL query to build
>this list up).  Other bits of code prevent the deletion of an event
>unless the user is the author of the event or the calendar's owner.

OK, I am ready to test it ;-)