[horde] Doc error - Creating Horde Databases - PostgreSQL

Richard G Konlon RGKonlon at 1MailPlace.com
Wed Jun 12 09:42:51 PDT 2002

In the file ".../www/html/horde/scripts/db/README", the section
"PostgreSQL", the sample command line reads

    $ psql -f pgsql_create.sql

but probably should read

    $ psql -d template1 -f pgsql_create.sql

At least this is what I had to do.  Of course, I had just initiated the
PGSQL database cluster specifically for use by Horde and therefore had
no previous DBs defined.  But as I understand it, for "CREATE DATABASE"
to work, psql has to "connect" to the database server via some database
name, in order to execute the "CREATE DATABASE" command.

If you agree, the comment command line within the pgsql_create.sql file
should also be updated.

Reference:
   "PostgreSQL 7.1 Administrator's Guide",
   "Chapter 6",
   "6.1. Creating a Database"

   www.us.postgresql.org/
     users-lounge/docs/7.1/admin/managing-databases.html