[horde] sesson management

robert sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Tue Jul 2 06:56:06 PDT 2002

I have a pool of imp servers and I use a single mysql server to store address
books and session information.  The trick is that you have to have a dns name
registered that includes all your servers (ie a pool).  You also have to set the
imap server in the config file to that pool name.  This is because the name of
the imap server is stored in the session information of the database.

So if you have 3 imp servers called imp1, imp2, and imp3 and they are all
running an imap, or pop, server then you can group all 3 servers under one dns
name lets say it is called imp.  Then in your config files you name the imap/pop
server imp.  Once this is done you can use a single mysql server on any server.
  You will have to grant access to each of the imp# servers to the horde database.

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at d.umn.edu
University of Minnesota, Duluth
144 MWAH
218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
  Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.