[horde] Anyone ported or running ssh or Mindbright?

m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com
Wed Jul 3 09:25:18 PDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Hagenbuch [mailto:chuck at horde.org]

Quoting m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com:

> Has anyone used or ported a SSH login, sort of like the one used by
> Webmin? I am looking for a way of getting an ssh login via browser.

You mean a shell into a server? That must be using a Java applet of some
kind ... we could find one with an acceptable license and bundle it into
the admin/ directory, I guess... Or did you mean an Auth/ssh.php ?

-chuck

A shell into the server, using something like the mindbright java applet.
Webmin uses it, see www.webmin.com. It would be most appropriate within
the admin module. When installed in webmin, the disclaimer at the bottom
of the webmin/mindbright-ssh login states the following:

                "Applet developed under GPL by Mindbright."

However it seems like this is a for sale item. Personally, I wouldn't mind
purchasing a single user license, $89, but that is just me. Does anyone
else know of a similiar package?

Thanks all,

-mike