[horde] can horde 2.1 work without using imp?

Wo Chang chang at nist.gov
Tue Jul 9 11:11:00 PDT 2002

At first I didn't specified any, just using the default 'none'.
Then after I switching to 'sql', then it prompts me a fatal
error: Required 'phptype' not specified in authentication configuration.

Which I did specified in the horde.php for the sql section:

//$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'none';
$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

// Any parameters that the preferences driver needs. This includes
// database or ldap server, username/password to connect with, etc.
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();

// This is an example configuration for a MySQL preference backend.
// The SQL script to setup the preference database is placed in
// horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql.
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'xxxxx';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'zzzzz';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

Is there anything that I need to config?

Do I need to modify the registry.php for the value of phptype?
The error message said I should NOT specify phptype, hmmm...

Thanks!

--Wo