FreeBSD make failure (was RE: [horde] making turba - error code 127)

Edward Glowacki glowack2 at msu.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:20:50 PDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 15:02, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Greg Robinson <greg at ltcc.com>:
>
> > Given that question (Where did you get a Makefile) I suspect I'm
> > traveling down the wrong road...
> >
> > Should I install the "package" on the CD?
>
> Ah. I'm unfamiliar with the ports version, so I can't help you there. I
> suggest you contact the maintainer and report the bug....

I've seen the FreeBSD port maintainer (Thierry Thomas) reply to
questions on the horde list before, so he should see these messages.  I
changed the subject of the thread to try attracting his attention... =)

What version of FreeBSD are you trying to install turba on?  Is the rest
of your ports setup up-to-date?  Since it looks like you just downloaded
the one port, it's possible that some part of your installation is too
old to include some new addition or definition that the turba port
relies on to build.  And yes, the ports tree is a good way to install
horde/turba on FreeBSD, so you're definitely on the right track.

For reference, I'm running FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE with the ports tree
updated today. Everything seemed to work OK for "make WITHOUT_LDAP=yes"
on my machine under that setup.

-ED
Edward Glowacki			glowack2 at msu.edu
Michigan State University
"...a partial solution to the right problem is better than a complete
solution to the wrong one." (http://uiweb.com/issues/issue14.htm)