[horde] Document contains no data

Joe Tseng joetseng at jtseng.org
Mon Jul 29 11:57:11 PDT 2002

When I try to log in to Horde, the server times out and gives me a no data
message on Netscape or a DNS error page on IE.  I perused the FAQ page on
the Horde site and it said to check if I have IMAP running.  That issue is
eliminated since I have been using IMAP with my server for a few weeks now
with no problems.

I ran phpinfo() and IMAP shows up along with my databases and test.php runs
fine as well.  No error messages are logged under horde.log.  Just in case
there was anything wrong with my database I recreated the db as user horde
and also ran the table creation script as that user; I left the password for
that db user blank.  I am not sure if this has anything to do with this
issue but I noticed in my error_log some httpd child processes would
segfault with an error of 11.

I don't know exactly what will be needed to diagnose what the problem may be
but here are some things I figure would be needed:

horde.php:

$conf['debug_level'] = E_ALL;
$conf['max_exec_time'] = 30;
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] =
'{localhost/imap/novalidate-cert:993}INBOX';
$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'pgsql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';

servers.php:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => '10.x.x.x',
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
    'port' => 993,
    'folders' => 'mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'xxxxxx',