[horde] Login fail on new w2k install

Bjorn Elfstrom bjorn at solution42.fi
Sat Aug 17 12:44:29 PDT 2002

Hello all,

I managed to get my new install of Horde to run on my W2k, Apache, MySQL
platform, but login fails. In the error log there's only a message:

    'HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for brum [ip] to Horde [on line 43
of "f:\www\horde\login.php"]'

When submitting a valid id/password I'm returned to same login window,
without any error texts. Same goes for submitting a non-valid id/password.
Now, I've tried to pinpoint this problem, but I'm stuck. I have:

* checked that the db is working and that there are valid entries in the
'horde_users' table
* commented out lines from the ['auth']['params] section to check, but
changing any other line than ['table'] =  'horde_users' returns an error.
The ['table'] definition I can set to anything, it doesn't return an error
although it would be wrong
* activated IMP and can see that I get the IMP link down in the menu, so I
guess that the app is working, except for the login... :).

Rgds,

Björn Elfström