[horde] new project?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Aug 28 06:33:43 PDT 2002

Zitat von "Ibarra, Michael" <m.ibarra at cdcixis-na.com>:

> JS> I like ARSC (on SF) very much, because it's lightweight, load
> optimized,
> JS> supports all browsers down to text browsers and comes with it's own
> server
> JS> (if you want to use it).
>
> Not to start a war on servers, but having a client that works with
> the Jabber server would be a great start, especially since the Jabber
> server can be configured to interface with many other services such
> as AOL, Yahoo, etc, giving users one client to use for ALL of their
> IM contacts.

Sure, this is a pure and proprietary chat solution.

> By the way, in quickly visiting the ARSC site, it doesn't look as
> matured as some others I've used recently, though those are mostly
> java based.

That's why I called it leightweight. :-) And because the question was on PHP
solutions.

Of course there is still IRCG, probably the best choice in PHP for scaling
chat solutions, but I looked for a simple yet complete solution that works
with a standard PHP installation.

Jan.