[horde] PHP 4.2.2, Horde 2.1 and PEAR

Vicki Brown vlb at gene.COM
Thu Aug 29 16:26:35 PDT 2002

On Thursday, August 29, 2002, at 11:57 , Vicki Brown wrote:

I have configured, built, and installed PHP 4.2.2. I can't seem
to determine what version of PEAR this comes with but it seems
obvious that it is NOT 4.1.0. When I download the PEAR 4.1.0
archive from ftp.horde.org, the contents are VERY different.
Apparently the included PEAR .php files have been substantially
reworked for the PHP 4.2.1/2 distribution. Sigh.

1) Should I try PEAR 4.1.0 with PHP 4.2.2? Does anyone know if
this will cause me problems?
    When I try the PEAR that comes with PHP 4.2.2 it does not
include the Log.php filewhich causes errors from Horde's
test.php and may cause errors for horde itself.

2) Has anyone successfully installed Horde 2.1 and Imp 3.1 with
PHP 4.2.2? Am I looking at more problems?
    I have been instructed to download and install "the latest
stable versions" of PHP, Horde, IMP, and Turba. Do I need to go
back to management and tell them that these versions do not
(yet) play together?
Given the various security problems found in recent versions of
PHP I am loathe to simply "back up" to an earlier version
without more information.
- Vicki