[horde] CVS HEAD Horde, RH 7.3 config woes

Rick Emery rick at emery.2y.net
Mon Sep 9 14:44:07 PDT 2002

I started typing a question, but the background info made the email really
long, so I'm trying to trim it down.

I've searched the archives and FAQ for answers to these questions, but found
none. I would be surprised if I were the first person to have this problem.

Basically, I'm running Red Hat Linux 7.3 and Red Hat just released RPMs for an
updated php 4.1.2. I also downloaded the tarball from www.horde.org/pear and
replaced the existing pear directory with it.

When I try to configure turba, I get the error "undefined function
domxml_open_file". I also get errors when I try to configure mnemo and nag.

According to test.php, I'm running a supported version of php (4.1.2), but my
pear libraries are out of date (despite having just been downloaded). test.php
also says that DOM/XML is enabled and libxml version is 2.4.19.

My questions are these:

1. I'm sure the errors I'm getting are because I need to upgrade something.
Could somebody tell me what needs to be upgraded?

2. Is anyone else running horde under Red Hat 7.3? If so, what versions of php
are you using? How can I determine my current version of pear?

3. Does Red Hat use a different directory structure for php than everybody
else? If I download the latest php source code, would I need to change
something about where it installed?

Sorry if these are newbie-sounding questions; I'm trying to learn. If I need to
provide more information, please ask.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rick