[horde] Errors after CVS update

Rick Emery rick at emery.2y.net
Thu Sep 12 08:01:17 PDT 2002

Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.2y.net>:

> I just updated from CVS (don't ask me why; everything was working just fine)
> and
> I get the following errors when loading the summary page or the calendar:
>
> Notice: argument passed to unserialize() is not an string in
> /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/lib/base.php on line 75
>
> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
> /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/lib/base.php on line 86
>
> Notice: argument passed to unserialize() is not an string in
> /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/lib/base.php on line 127
>
> Warning: datatype for second argument in call to in_array in
> /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/lib/base.php on line 127
>
> I only started using CVS HEAD a few days ago, and this is the first time I've
> ever updated, so it's entirely possible I did something (or didn't do
> something
> I was supposed to) that caused this. Can anybody guide me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rick

Thanks to Rodolfo and Tim's replies, I now understand the "big picture". For
some reason, my brain never put together the fact that new config files are
downloaded as *.php.dist, and that comparing those with the existing *.php
config files would enable one to import the changes without losing existing
configuration options. Now that I understand, I realize that this is an
ingenious way to run CVS (remember, it's still new to me).

With that understanding, I now realize that the addition of new preferences was
discussed on the list, and I should have known to check the differences between
prefs.php.dist and prefs.php. I can't explain my thinking before the light bulb
was switched on, but I never connected the dots.

For my short-sightedness and ignorance, I apologize and humbly beg the list(s)
for forgiveness.

With my new-found understanding, I've been wondering if I can write a script
that will update from CVS, check diffs for all *.php.dist and *.php files in
the config directories, make changes to the *.php files, and email me the
results. Hmmm...

To the drawing board, Robin!