[horde] Log-in issues in Horde and IMP.

Ray Masa raymasa at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 14 13:08:58 PDT 2002

BTW, I forgot to mention that the following log-in issue only manifests in
IE (ver 5.5).  In Netscape (ver 4.67), I can log-in with out any issues into
both Horde and IMP.

Thanks again for any ideas on how to solve this:

So far I have IMP configured and working.  I am noticing log in issues, when
attempting to log into either Horde or IMP:

Horde log in issue:

When I log in, first few times I get returned to the login screen (i.e. I
don’t get logged in).  I don’t get any error messages, just get returned to
the login screen.  If I keep trying, it eventually logs me in and presents
the Horde main screen (where it shows how many new emails I have).

Initially, I was getting the error that something is incorrect, probably
username and/or password and to try again.  So, I deleted all the files,
deleted the horde database and started over again.  Now, I don’t get the
error message, just get returned to the login screen.

While configuring IMP, I have uncommented both of the following lines (so
that I wont have to login twice):

$this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
$this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

I went back and commented both lines.  After that I was not able to log into
either Horde or IMP at all.  So I uncommented the lines back.  Now I can log
in, but still have the above issue.

I am running FreeBSD, with mySQL on Apache server.

I looked at the phpinfo() screen, but not sure what to look for to be able
to solve this.  Any ideas?

IMP log in issue:

If I click on the “Mail” icon in the log in screen to log directly into IMP
(and not into Horde), I always get the following error on the first attempt:

“Your Mail session has expired. Please login again.”

The second attempt logs me in correctly.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks for the code and for your help.

Regards,

Ray