[horde] new install / no login

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Mon Sep 16 02:11:20 PDT 2002

Ulrich,

I am quite a newbie to horde and imp, too, but got it running under Win 2
K/IIS5.0 this weekend - huray! So I found out some details:

-  make sure using a "recent" version of PEAR (in the /horde/test.php) with
log activated. For some reason, the version which works I downloaded from
ftp.horde.org - it is not the most recent one, it's version 4.1.0 instead
and
works quite fine

-  have you set up your database correctly? You should have done so when
using sql for logging in. In that case, I think you can forget about the
['params']['dsn'] (I am not sure, but my system works without anyway). But
what you
need is the correct database and of course some user entries (at least your
own). I did it with mysql/phpmysqladmin. When inserting the password, you
need
to select MD5 as function (it took me half a day to figure this out...).
Furthermore, you have to replace the ***** at ['auth']['params']['password']
with your actual horde database user password. A look at mysqladmin tells
you at
least whether the user horde is connected to your database.

-  let me know if this helped you. Which system are you running?

-  just a proposal: you may contact me directly - in german, too -, and we
might share our conclusions to the mailing list