[horde] Customizing Horde Summary - help!

Ryan Gallagher ryan at studiesabroad.com
Fri Sep 20 11:27:29 PDT 2002

> Quoting Ryan Gallagher <ryan at studiesabroad.com>:
>
> > We have a ticket tracking system (php) that we've pseudo turned into a
> > horde module.  I'd like to add an API function to generate the summary
> > pane on the horde login page.  I thought I did what it would require,
> > using mnemo as an example.  But it doesn't seem to be working.
>
> All that you described looks fine. The one thing you didn't show us was the
> contents of your api.php file.
>
> > I'm not getting any php errors, but it doesn't seem to do anything... but
> > it has changed one thing, the HORDE options & logout icons are now being
> > pulled from /horde/project/graphics/ (which don't exist... and are not
> > appearing).
>
> This is consistent with something for Horde HEAD, but not 2.1. Have you
> tried doing some logging or var_dump()s from within your projectSummary()
> function? If that doesn't get you anywhere, I think you'll need to let us
> see your api.php to see what's going on...
>
> -chuck

Thanks chuck,

I eventually realized it wasn't showing anything because I functions weren't bug
free yet.  I was able to debug them by manually adding to the columns[] array...
but sure enough once i got it working... i got a fatal error.  This being due to
the Horde method of calling it SUCEEDING (declaring my functions twice)!.  It
took me a second to realize what had happened.  But it's all happy now... no
hacking of horde necessary, just a config line or two and our own api functions.

Thanks for your reply.

PS -
If anyone is curious about the purpose of this hack, It's a customized instance
of DoubleChocaLatte (ticket/Wo/Project tracking) delivered inside HORDE, we just
wanted to integrate into the summary and provide quick links to common tasks and
open tickets.

-Ryan