[horde] Functionality of horde

tvooren at xs4all.nl tvooren at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 23 23:22:06 PDT 2002

Hi there,

I'm new to horde, so please bare with me ;) I've recently installed horde,
imp and kronolith succesfully on a SUSE 7.3 box and all is working fine.
However, the functionality of horde/imp is not exactly what I expected it
to be, so my guess is I'm forgetting to set some options.
What I thought was possible with Horde is something along the lines of the
demo on http://webmail.demo.hub.org/. E.g. having a sql login on horde
(achieved that already), but with the option to administer users/groups,
have multiple mail accounts set, store you uid/passwd somewhere, retrieve
all mail and filter them to the appriopate inboxes (i.o.w. some sort of
webmail aggregation point kinda thingie ;). Is this out of the box
functionality or did the guys from hub.org custom develop this (as with
all the other programs that are shown in their menu)?
Also, it is my understanding from the mail archives that the CVS tree of
Horde has more options/funcionality then the tar.gz distribution from the
web? (e.g. /admin pages etc.) Is this assumption correct?
Can someone shine a light on me? ;)

Kind regards,

Thomas