[horde] A basic setup problem

Jerry M. Howell II jmhowell at jmhowell.com
Tue Sep 24 23:56:29 PDT 2002

Hi there,

   I've checked to make sure imap, mysql, php, pear, and apache are
   working like they should, as a mater of fact, when Ilogin useing ftp
   as my authentication I can save my preferences to an mysql table.
   What am I over looking that makes useing mysql for authentication so
   dificult? I get the following error.

   Notice: Undefined index: params in /www/horde/horde/login.php on line
   32
   A fatal error has occurred:

   No configuration information specified for SQL authentication.

   [line 86 of /www/horde/horde/lib/Auth/sql.php]

   Details have been logged for the administrator.

   I can login useing ftp but NOT mysql her are my lines I've setup in
   the config/horde.php in the authenticaton area

   $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';
   $conf['server']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
   $conf['server']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
   $conf['server']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
   $conf['server']['params']['password'] = 'My password';
   $conf['server']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
   $conf['server']['params']['table'] = 'horde_users';

   Is there something else I should look at. I was able to login to the
   horde database just fine from the comandline, have the user and
   password to test it out entered in. Checked to be certian and it's
   there. HELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!! :(
--
Jerry M. Howell II