[horde] Fwd: test.php

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Fri Oct 4 00:57:47 PDT 2002

Hi Andy,

not sure, but...

... for this seems to be a native PEAR problem,...

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: registershutdownfunc() in
> /usr/lib/php/File.php on line 529
>
> now, when i look at this file I see that on the bottom line of File.php
> there is this :
>
> PEAR::registerShutdownFunc(array('File', '_File'));

... and this is due to PEAR as well (and quite well discussed here),...

> Also, within the test page, it says I am not running the latest version of
> Pear.
>
> PEAR
>
> * PEAR - Yes
> * Recent PEAR - No
> * This version of PEAR is not recent enough. See the Horde PEAR page for
> details.

... I'd suggest to start hear: for some reason I haven't figured out yet,
the correct PEAR version will be the one downloadable from ftp.horde.org.
After
downloading, make sure the include path in the php.ini is set correctly so
that php knows where PEAR is (certainly this is already done, but a
cross-check is a good idea).

> Do you have any suggestions on how to ensure that the version of pear is
> the most recent and how to get File.php and
> CVS.php working with the test page bearing in mind that i have followed
> the instructions found at
> http://www.horde.org/pear/ as you can see above.
>

> Im sorry for not mailing this directly to the list but as its a test.php
> problem I wasnt sure if the lists were
> suitable.
>
> --
> Andy Wilson andy at rhetorical.com