[horde] installation: sql DB::connect on horde 3.0

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Oct 17 02:41:39 PDT 2002

Zitat von François Helly <francois.helly at wanadoo.fr>:

> The only way a found to access to my database was to modify the
> installation
> procedure described in the INSTALL file:
> - modify privileges of the "horde" user (in the "user" and "db" tables of
> the "mysql" database);
> - modify the functions _connect() in the files sql.php as follow:

> // comment the original line
> // $this->_db = &DB::connect($this->_params, true);
> $this->_db  = &DB::connect($this->dsn, true);

Why was this necessary? Did anything not work?

> I made some changes to the old file (2.0) ./admin/css/index.php
> = inclusion of files ok
> = TODO need to read the registry array to find apps (add a localisation
> in
> it?) and make a loop to create the select button...
> But maybe it's too late, and the dev' staff changed his plan (I didn't
> exprore the entire 3.0 dist...)

We dropped this because it wasn't tied into the Horde framework and had some
security holes. If you get it to a state where it integrates in the
framework and the admin pages and follows the Horde coding standards, we'd
happily put it back again.

> pardon me if my english syntax is self-developped reading systems and
> servers documentation...

Heh, that's how I learned most of my English skills. ;-)

Jan.