[horde] SMTP Auth Help Needed

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Sat Oct 19 23:23:48 PDT 2002

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 01:07:00AM -0400, Kirk Bankes wrote:

> I'm looking for definitive instructions on getting SMTP auth to work on
> the latest Horde and Imp platform.  I've tried the bits and pieces of
> help (enabling auth) on the mailing list archive, but no luck.  I keep
> getting (sendmail return code 78) when I send the mail.  Everything else
> is working great.  My sendmail server also works properly and
> authenticates.  Thanks.

This is mostly from memory:

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => 'you.host.com', 'auth' => true);

That should do it.  By default, IMP will use the username and password
that the user specified for the IMAP or POP3 server for the SMTP AUTH
credentials.

I don't know what 'sendmail return code 78' is, but you might also try
looking up that error for more details.

--
Jon Parise (jon at horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)