[horde] Login failed

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Mon Oct 21 09:47:05 PDT 2002

> Hello,
>
> We have configured Webmail using Horde2.1+ IMP3.1+ PHP4.0.6 and qmail +
> LDAP + IMAP installation on two different Linux based servers.
>
> Everything is working fine except that it takes too long to authenticate
> a user and therefore many times it gives "Login failed for some reason.
> Most likely your username or password was entered incorrect", though the
> username and password r entered correctly.

Could you give an idea of your webserver and mailer (IMAP server)?
How do you handle authentication? via IMAP or via LDAP or, without having
mentioned this, via SQL?
Furthermore, it might be a good idea to have a look on your logs. There are
different logs for the different components which might be interesting: the
httpd log, the imapd log, the LDAP-log as far as used, the PHP log specified
in php.ini, the horde log specified in horde.php.

The more information you give, the more likely you will get a useful answer.

Regards,

Sebastian