[horde] Problem with Log (PEAR)

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Mon Oct 21 17:26:04 PDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 08:22:04PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > The short answer is to call $log->close() before the end of the
> > request.  If someone wants to work up a patch to Horde that handles
> > that, that would be cool.
>
> That qualifies as breaking BC in my view, and should be fixed in the PEAR
> package - did anyone actually every have a problem with the old way? And if
> this is supposed to be taken care of by the PEAR destructor mechanism, why
> do you need an explicit call?

The close() method was always part of the Log API and, technically, we
should have been calling it.

I'm not sure why the destructor mechanism isn't working (I'm sitting
at home on a pure console machine, so it's hard to do a lot of
testing), but calling $log->close() shouldn't definitely fix the
problem in the short term.

--
Jon Parise (jon at horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)