[horde] Re: Missing conf.php (several)

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Mon Oct 28 08:48:20 PST 2002

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 02:03:36PM -0000, Stephen Sherlock wrote:

> One thing I found with the XML config - make sure you chown (under *nix) the
> horde directory (and subdirectories) to the user your webserver runs as,
> otherwise the XML config won't be able to write the conf.php for you!

That's not a very good idea at all, especially when the only file that
needs to be written is config/conf.php.  You could:

    % cd config
    % touch conf.php
    % chown www:www conf.php

... before you run the configuration tool, but please remember to
change the ownership to a non-web server owner immediately afterward.

--
Jon Parise (jon at horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)