[horde] Re: admin privilages?

Charles Kaucher kaucher at cgki.com
Fri Nov 1 03:39:35 PST 2002

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Charles Kaucher <kaucher at cgki.com>:
>>I believe the default user/password from installation is horde/horde.
>
> This is incorrect; the user name/password to log in with depends entirely on
> your authentication backend, so there are no universal defaults.
>
> -chuck
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>

Correct me again is I am wrong. I can only speak to my experience with
MySQL and I do not have IMP installed. If you are using SQL, for
authorization then the sql script settsup the horde/horde
username/password. This is true for Horde 2.1 and the HEAD version.

USE mysql;

REPLACE INTO user (host, user, password)
     VALUES (
         'localhost',
         'horde',
   -- IMPORTANT: Change this password!
         PASSWORD('horde')
     );

REPLACE INTO db (host, db, user, select_priv, insert_priv, update_priv,
                  delete_priv, create_priv, drop_priv)
     VALUES (
         'localhost',
         'horde',
         'horde',
         'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y',
         'Y', 'Y'
     );

Further you need to set the authentication version in the
config/Horde.php for Horde 2.1 and config.config.php in the HEAD version
of Horde but there are more options available in the HEAD version.

// What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde? Valid
// options are currently 'imap', 'ldap', 'mcal', 'sql', and 'ftp'.
$conf['auth']['driver'] = '';

The instructions below I mentioned previously were for the Head version:

/**
  ** Horde Authentication
  **/

// Which users should be treated as administrators (root, super-user)
// by Horde? Example: $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin', 'john');
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('');

I quite frankly don't remember what I did under 2.1 if anything which it
seems you may be using. Perhaps someone else could answer that.