[horde] Login failed

hardik hbpandya at gnvfc.net
Sat Nov 2 05:19:06 PST 2002

Hi,

> > I changed the imp/config/server.php for authentication using POP3
instead
> > of
> > IMAP, it really accelarate the authentication process but doesnt have
the
> > option of 'FOLDERS'/'Open Folders', which was available with IMAP, so of
> > no
> > use. Is there any other way out??
> >
> Well,
>
> this is due to the protocol: POP3 doesn't support subfolders for it's the
> normal protocol for downloading entire messages from an external mailbox
onto
> your local mail client.
>
> But did I understand right: you can login with POP3, but you cannot with
> IMAP? In that case, try IMAP/NOTLS or IMAP/SSL/self-cert (look into the
> servers.php for the correct syntax). I guess your courier is not
configured for using
> IMAP (or, at least, IMAP with plain text login). It would be worth a try
> set server-list to 'none', and set all user-select options to enable
(server,
> protocol, port etc.) - do so in the /imp/config/conf.php. In that way,
it's
> easier to play around with the parameters at login screen.

We can login with POP3 much faster compared to IMAP(sesion many times
expires). We set server.php for user entry for server, port & protocol.
Tried with IMAP/NOTLS(143) & IMAP/SSL/novalidate-cert but login fails.

> Another cross-check: try to login to your IMAP server from an external
> client or webmail (http://demo.horde.org), and try to connect with your
IMP to an
> external IMAP server. This is the most useful way to find out what is
wrong.

Strange thing was that, when the same webmail installation was used for
another IMAP server in the LAN, the login was sucessful & quite fast(using
IMAP-143). Seems to have some IMAP config issue. Pl suggest.

rgds,

Hardik