[horde] imp test error.. plz advice me

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Sat Nov 2 11:03:02 PST 2002

Abul,

first, a few information about your system would be helpful (OS, server,
mail server, php version, horde version, imp version).

> Hi,
> I am getting the following error msg from test. can't login to horde.. pl
> help..
>
> PHP IMAP Support Test
> server="aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa" user="xyz" mailbox="{aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa:143/i
> map}INBOX
>

> Warning: Couldn't open stream {aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa:143/imap}INBOX in
> /var/www/html/horde/imp/test.php on line 188

This is literally a problem with horde to connect to your IMAP server - but
it may due to several things. So make sure you can connect to this with a
plain mail client via IMAP (POP3 won't work with test.php). Another approach
would be to enable all user select options (server, port protocol etc.) in your
conf.php (set server_list to 'none'), and play a bit 'round at IMP login.

Sebastian