[horde] gettext is but isn't there... ??

NJD - Webmaster webmaster at njdevils.info
Mon Nov 4 21:55:13 PST 2002

Okay, I have a problem that I have seen on a lot of messages, but I
couldn't seem to find my answer.  My web host (which uses Horde,
incidentally, with no problem), has gettext installed as well as the
latest version of Horde.  I tried to install a copy of horde locally on
my web site, but to no avail.  I get the Fatal Error message, reading
this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _() in
/web/njdevils/public_html/my/config/registry.php on line 67

So, reading up in the FAQ, I see that this means I don't have gettext.
but I do!  And furthermore, the test page just comes up a blank page, so
I can't even double check it.  Should I rename the session from Horde to
something else?  Also, please speak in the easiest terms possible when
it comes to PHP please!  I speak C++, CGI, HTML, and JavaScript, but I
haven't found the time to learn PHP yet ;-).  So, if anyone has a clue
as to how I should proceed, let me know!  You can see what I am talking
about at http://my.njdevils.info <http://my.njdevils.info/>  and
http://my.njdevils.info/help.php

Thank you for your help, time, and effort,

            ~Kyle Bisignani