[horde] Fwd: a problem with preferences in ldap

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Nov 6 18:16:44 PST 2002

----- Forwarded message from alois.blasbichler at sb-brixen.it -----
    Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:10:16 +0100 (CET)
    From: alois blasbichler <alois.blasbichler at sb-brixen.it>
 Subject: a problem with preferences in ldap
      To: chuck at horde.org

hello chuck,
i write to you direct, because in the list IMP e didn`t get an answer

i am trying for days to install the new horde and imp
i use: suse linux 8.1, horde 2.1 and imp 3.1 openldap 2.1.4, kronolith,
turba ...

the autentication i make with pam_ldap and the new imp works fin, but
my problem is to store the preferences in LDAP !!! (without ldap its ok)
the same error i get with the passwd-module

i have made the rigths to write to ldap
i have imported the users from my old ldap-DB and inserted only the objectclass
hordePerson

i get allways an error in horde.log:

13:23:24 HORDE [info] [imp] Bind to server mir:389 with DN
uid=ablasbichler,dc=sb-brixen,dc=it failed: [2] Protocol error [on line 169
of "/srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php"]
Nov 05 13:23:24 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for ablasbichler
[10.53.5.21] to {mir:143} [on line 64
of "/srv/www/htdocs/horde/imp/redirect.php"]
Nov 05 13:23:24 HORDE [info] [imp] Unable to modify preferences: [8] Strong(er)
authentication required [on line 424
of "/srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php"]

thankyou for any help

luis

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."