[horde] Horde Administrator login failed

Simon Gao sgao at sci.utah.edu
Thu Nov 7 10:42:28 PST 2002

Thanks, Jan.

Here is what I did:

Add horde as one admin user, then add horde to horde_users table with
the password extracted from the table, user,  of mysql database.

Here is the setting for Horde Authentication in conf.php:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('root', 'horde');
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

Connection to MySQL works fine. If I changed sql to cyrsql, the error is
different as:

Required 'phptype' not specified in authentication configuration.

[line 268 of /w01/httpd2/htdocs/horde/lib/Auth/sql.php]

Details have been logged for the administrator.

What's the difference between sql and cyrsql?  What kind of password
scheme is used for Horde auth, plaintext, crypt, md5?

Thanks for your help.

Simon