[horde] Problems with PHP-4.2.3 & Apache 4.0.43

Mike Koponick mike at redhawk.info
Thu Nov 7 18:12:43 PST 2002

Hello,

Just downloaded the latest version of PHP, 4.2.3 and the latest version of
Apache, 2.0.43.

I configured it with the following:

PHP:
$
./configure --with-pear=/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/PEAR --with-openssl=/usr/loc
al/ssl --enable-calendar --with-imap --with-mysql --with-apxs2=/usr/local/ap
ache2/bin/apxs --with-gettext --with-kerberos --with-imap-ssl

Apache:
$ ./configure --enable-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/ --with-perl --enable-module=so

There were no issues during the compile on either application, however when
I try to start httpd, I get the following error:

$ apachectl start
httpd: module "sapi_apache2.c" is not compatible with this version of
Apache.
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

I also added the follwing in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
LoadModule php4_module /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp4.so

When I comment this line out, the daemon will start, however it doesn't look
like anything is working. I try to load the test.php page, and it wants to
save it as a file.

I set all the permissions correctly in the horde directory.

Here is a little more info:

$ httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c