[horde] Problems getting started

Lars Hecking lhecking at nmrc.ie
Tue Nov 12 07:05:36 PST 2002

 I want to set up the complete horde system on an internal server for testing,
 but have fundamental problems. As I have a working imp setup on a different
 system, this is quite frustrating, and I'd appreciate some hints.

 Solaris 9/SPARC
 Apache 2.0.43/php 4.2.3/mysql 3.23.53/horde 2.1

 1) the /horde/test.php page loads and works fine, except that the session
    counter always remains at "1" if I reload the page; new session files
    are created in /tmp, though. Known problem?

 2) Going to the /horde index page, I get a page saying that "Some of Horde's
    configuration files are missing." I had a look at /horde/index.php,
    and this stuff is at the very start, but I can't see what is wrong,
    because all config files exist and are readable by the web server.
    In fact, I have followed horde/docs/INSTALL to the letter. What could be
    the problem?