[horde] Problems getting started

Lars Hecking lhecking at nmrc.ie
Tue Nov 12 07:41:54 PST 2002

Jan Schneider writes:
> Zitat von Lars Hecking <lhecking at nmrc.ie>:
>
> >  1) the /horde/test.php page loads and works fine, except that the
> > session
> >     counter always remains at "1" if I reload the page; new session files
> >     are created in /tmp, though. Known problem?
>
> Do sessions in other PHP applications work? Anything in the logs?

 I have no other php applications (yet), and there's nothing in the web
 server logs. Does this depend on whether or not my browser allows cookies?

> >  2) Going to the /horde index page, I get a page saying that "Some of
> > Horde's
> >     configuration files are missing." I had a look at /horde/index.php,
> >     and this stuff is at the very start, but I can't see what is wrong,
> >     because all config files exist and are readable by the web server.
> >     In fact, I have followed horde/docs/INSTALL to the letter. What could
> > be
> >     the problem?
>
> Try replacing './config...' with HORDE_BASE . '/config...'

 Yep, that works! But I don't understand why this change wasn't necessary
 in my working horde/imp setup. Could this be a problem with php.ini? I am
 using php.ini-dist from php 4.2.3 as-is.