[horde] imp very slow

marc olejak marc at typ-o-terrorist.de
Thu Nov 21 13:59:14 PST 2002

--Ralph Ballier <ballier at schule.de> schrieb am Samstag, 16. November 2002
22:27 Uhr +0100:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed horde, imp and turba. Now I have used imp. I had to wait
> about 1 min until the first page of the mail box appears. If I go to the
> mail server (Linux 2.4.19, Pentium IV 2,53 GHz, U3W SCSI).

what kind of mailserver?!? cyrus? washington? with/out SSL/TLS?!? what kind
of DSL? ADSL or SDSL? do you use any port-filter/fair queueings? puh...
many many other things...

a fast machine is not an equivalency for performance... the performance
issue is spreaded widely...

...marc olejak...

*********************************
* realisationsbuero marc olejak *