[horde] horde administration

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 22 07:21:59 PST 2002

Quoting pratik at vadodaramail.net:

> Hie eric,
> Thanx for the responce, but this is not the solution for my problem the

Are you sure?

> reason
> is i already have the same settings in horde.php there's only one difference

If you have a standalone php program, try: php -l horde.php
This will tell you if there are any syntax errors and the like in the file.

> that is i use 'mysql' instead of pgsql,

That's cool, as long as it is specified.

> So if you can trace out & let me know

Hard to do without seeing your setup...

> what can be the problem, the problem is still there & i am not able to add
> any user or pass using horde admin.

Like I said, the 2.0 admin page is pretty bad -- I'm not sure it was ever
even supported.  An upgrade to 2.1 would be very good idea.

> Waiting for your reply.

You got it.

> > It pretty much says it all to me...
> >
> > >   ["message"]=>
> > >   string(65) "Required 'phptype' not specified in authentication
> > > configuration."
> >
> > Says you configured sql in your horde/config/horde.php file, but didn't
> > specify the "phptype" parameter in the sql setup.

> > Should be an section of the file something like:
> >
> > $conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'pgsql';

That's actually not even the right place.  It isn't the prefs setting that
is causing problems for you, but the auth section.  My bad...

So what you really need is the section that reads something like:

$conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
(and all the other stuff too).

So what do you have there?  And did you follow the comments above that
which read:

/* An array holding any parameters that the Auth object will need to
 * function correctly. For IMAP, this is the server name, port,
 * protocol, etc.
 * See $conf['prefs']['params'] further down for an example how to
 * setup a SQL backend. But you must use another SQL table for the
 * authentication driver. A SQL script can be found in
 * horde/scripts/db/auth.sql .
 */
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

--