[horde] PATCH guest can create calendars!

Damian Alejandro Fernandez Sosa damlists at cnba.uba.ar
Sat Nov 30 17:54:54 PST 2002

I configured Kronolith with guest access.
I have the latest version of horde and kronolith.

I enter kronolith via the calendar's "guest services" option.

I try  to create a calendar via the kronolith/shares/prefs.php url and I
can do it!  (I see a new entry in the database)

I write the following patch against the latest version of kronolith's
kronolith/shares/prefs.php file.

If you accept it you must add at aprox line 47 this lines (case
SHARE_SAVE:):

if(Auth::getAuth()==""){
  $notification->push(_("Guest Can't create a Calendar"),'horde.error');
  break;
}

here is the command I run to make a patch:

diff prefs.php.new /devel/horde/kronolith/shares/prefs.php
47,51d46
<
<     if(Auth::getAuth()==""){
<               $notification->push(_("Guest Can't create a Calendar"),
'horde.error');
<         break;
<     }

I think we must check in other places of the code to see what guest is
allowed to do.

I think guest should not enter the Options's menu or we can use a new
"guest allow"  parameter in the menu definition to allow or not guest
access.  (the file kronolith/conf/prefs.php)

Hope it helps to make a better horde