[horde] Call to undefined function: getcategoryid()

Ned Zimmerman nzimmerm at sulfur.scs.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 4 18:11:15 PST 2002

I was running into similar issues with Category.php as well as in Share.php
(noted by others in earlier posts).  Based upon a couple of suggestions to
the earlier posts I went back and double checked how my mysql database
tables for horde were set up.  When I looked closely enough there were a
couple of columns in the horde_categories table that were now required, but
which I had not yet added because I had not realized the sql database create
scripts had changed.  It took a while, but after making sure that my
database tables and indecies fully matched what the current CVS Head code
expected, everything worked correctly. I mention this in case there are
others out there who, like me, are relatively new to horde and php and might
have overlooked something as simple as making sure your database tables are
up to snuff.

Is there a way to patch scripts for the database backends (sql being the
most obvious) to help update the horde database when changes are made in the
CVS code?  From my monkeying around with mysql last night it seems as though
this should be possible.  I myself don't yet feel very comfortable with sql
and script writing in general to attempt this sort of thing.

Thanks to all of the developers for their wonderful work on horde,
keep it up!

Ned Zimmerman